We are now ten days from the launch of the Dylan@80 event and eager to welcome nearly 500 participants from around the world to this virtual celebration of the songwriter’s eight extraordinary decades. For the last month or so, we have been building up a virtual platform that we believe will provide more interaction than is usually available in streamed events. As we get ready to open the sessions, here’s a quick look at what you can expect.
The entire event will be delivered through Microsoft Teams with almost all sessions streamed using as Microsoft Live events. To participate, you will need to create a Microsoft account associated with the email address used to sign up for the conference. All events will be recorded and can be watched through your browser if you miss the live stream.
Streamed events can be viewed through a browser, but we recommended that you download the Microsoft Teams app since this will allow an even greater degree of interactivity by providing access to chat rooms associated with each presentation and an open lounge that will allow for more informal exchanges throughout the event. The app is free and easy to use.
Timeline (all times Central US)
Wednesday, May 19
- All registered participants will receive a welcome email providing detailed instructions about how to join the Microsoft Team associated with the event.
- Registered users will be added to the event and receive an automated message with a link. (Please check your junk folder if this doesn’t not arrive.)
- Follow the link and join the event Team.
Wednesday May 19 through Friday May 21
- Registered participants will have full access to the Team in order to become familiar with the platform’s features.
- The Lounge channel will be open, allowing participants to introduce themselves, post questions, and interact informally.
- The Help Desk channel provides videos and tutorials to help you set up your interface and get connected.
- Dylan Institute staff will be available to answer questions and provide what assistance we can.
Saturday May 22-Monday May 24
- Dylan@80 sessions will run all three days from roughly 8:30am to 9:30pm.
- Participants can access Live events by clicking on the associated channel in the Team window.
- Recordings of the sessions will be made available to registered participants as soon as we can upload them.
- After each session, a dedicated discussion board will open for comments, questions, and exchanges.
After May 24
- Registered participants will be able to access the Dylan@80 content for at least 90 days after the event.
- Recorded sessions will be available for streaming to all registered participants.
- Follow-up surveys will be distributed to get your feedback and help us prepare for the next Dylan Institute conference event.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us through Institute email address: email@example.com. Once you log into the Team, you will also find a series of helpful video tutorials in our Help Desk channel on the left of the screen.